The support program of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (HHU) "Seizing Opportunities" - the German Scholarship (Deutschlandstipendium) at HHU, is aimed at high-achieving students of all faculties. All students from the 1st semester of the Bachelor's program until the completion of the Master's degree or until the state examination can receive funding. In addition, there are two special quotas for students with at least one minor child and those with educational advancement.
The program is based on the "matching" process: Private donors, companies or foundations provide €150 per month. This amount is matched by the federal
This amount is subsidized by the federal government by the same amount, so that each scholarship holder is supported with 300 € per month.
The students of HHU, the members of the circle of donors and the ambassador for scholarships, Honorary Senator Prof. Dr. Hannelore Riesner, would be pleased if you too got involved and supported students. Every scholarship counts!
- Your contribution benefits the scholarship holders in full
- Your financial contribution is even doubled
- Your expenses are tax deductible
- You get to know the sponsored young people personally at the exclusive scholarship ceremony
- You are free to choose the field of study of the scholarship holder
- You have the opportunity to participate in the diverse university life
- A secure and transparent selection procedure, checked by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, with the criteria of performance and other features of the curriculum vitae
- An ideal support concept for scholarship holders, chosen by the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft (Donors' Association for the Promotion of Sciences and Humanities in Germany) in the nationwide competition "Accompanying the Best
- A large number of accompanying events as an interdisciplinary communication platform for donors, scholarship recipients
In October 2023, scholarships will again be awarded to our best-performing students from all faculties via "Seizing Opportunities" - the Deutschlandstipendium at HHU. Through a special quota, studying parents and educational climbers can also be supported. In our interview, the two founders Prof. Hannelore Riesner and Daria Walter talk about their personal motivation to sponsor, about joint events and why this investment in the future makes them happy.
You too can join the circle of donors!
In the current funding phase, HHU can financially support a record 459 students within the framework of the Deutschlandstipendium. This puts HHU in undisputed first place among NRW universities.
At this year's scholarship celebration, the rector honored 13 private individuals, foundations and companies who have been involved for 10 years and have thus made a lasting contribution to the success of the university's own initiative:
- Anton-Betz-Stiftung der Rheinischen Post e.V. (representing Hans Peter Bork)
- ARAG SE (representing Dr. Shiva Meyer)
- Ehrensenatorin Dr. Esther Betz
- Peter Eßer
- Dr. Paul-Otto Faßbender Stiftung für Bildung und Wissenschaft (representing Joachim Sixt)
- Freundeskreis Geschichte Heinrich-Heine-Universität e.V. (representing Dr. Egbert Gritz)
- Haubrich Stiftung
- Ehrensenator Bernd Hebbering
- Friedrich-Wilhelm Hempel
- Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Nordrhein (representing Linda Pawelski)
- Leni und Lorenz Läser-Stiftung
- Dr. Andre Schumacher
- Ehrensenator Gustav A. von Halem
The continuing success of "Seizing Opportunities" is largely due to the individual support provided by HHU to all participants, as well as the personal contact between donors and those receiving support.
After the official part in the lecture hall, there was an opportunity to get to know each other, talk and exchange ideas over finger food and drinks in the lecture hall foyer.