Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf’s funding programme »Seizing Opportunities«, the German National Scholarship Programme at HHU, is geared towards high-performing students from all faculties. All students from the 1st semester of their Bachelor’s studies up to completion of the Master’s programme or up to the state examination can receive funding support. There are also three special quotas for students with at least one underage child, competitive athletes from the German Olympic Sports Association’s national team comprised of Olympic and Para-Olympic sport disciplines and for persons seeking advancement through education.
The basis of this programme is the ″matching″ procedure: private donors, companies or foundations provide €150 every month. The federal government subsidizes this amount with the same amount so that each scholarship recipient is supported with €300 per month.
HHU’s students, members of the donors’ circle and the ambassador for scholarships, Honorary Senator Professor Dr Hannelore Riesner, would be delighted if you want to get involved and contribute to this, too. Every scholarship counts!
- Your donation will benefit scholarship recipients in the full amount
- Your financial commitment will even be doubled
- Your expenses are tax deductible
- You’ll personally get to know the young people who are sponsored
- You can freely choose the scholarship recipient’s field of specialisation
- You have the opportunity to participate in the diverse university life
- A secure and transparent selection procedure tested by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research with the criteria of performance and other special features of the curriculum vitae
- An ideal support concept for scholarship recipients selected by the Donors’ Association for the Promotion of Humanities and Sciences in Germany (Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft) in the Germany-wide competition ″Accompanying the Best″
- A broad spectrum of accompanying events as an interdisciplinary communication platform for donors and scholarship recipients